Monday, July 13, 2009

SPENDING TIME IN CONNECTION

Following my own advice this week and I'm taking a break from the normal routine. Instead of working on the various tasks I've laid out for myself to accomplish this summer, I'm spending time in connection with my adult son who chose to take a few days of vacation from his job to visit me while I'm in the States. We are having meals together, running errands together, doing something fun together each day, and just plain hanging out. It's for a few short days and I'm taking it all in. I feel lucky, honored, privileged, loved, loving, happy, proud, successful ...

Is there someone you cherish and want to spend some quality time with? Who is it? What would your time together look like? What feelings do you anticipate all of that bringing up in you? Are you making plans to make it happen? If not, what's stopping you from making it happen?

If you have a story about setting time aside to connect with someone special, I sure would like to hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment